Nature Capital Old
We have implemented Environment Management Systems across all our manufacturing facilities and stringently abide by them. We are continually focussed on improving our environmental performance by adopting best practices, sensitising employees and ensure evaluating environmental element across all our activities and capex projects.
of green belt created to balance Deepak Nitrite’s manufacturing activities at Dahej
of water reused and recycled - equivalent to daily water requirement for approx. 2 lakh households
Reducing our carbon footprint is an important focus area for us. We have installed a continuous monitoring system which helps in significantly controlling emissions and only emits traces of secondary pollutants such as PAN (Peroxyacetyl nitrate). During the year, we have undertaken measures like installation of electrostatic precipitator, bag filter and scrubber system in the boilers to reduce emissions. We have also replaced an old 8 TPH FO boiler with an efficient 12 TPH boiler. In our effort to offset carbon footprint, we have purchased Rs. 40.65 Lakhs of Renewable Energy Certificates (861 non-solar and 3,204 solar).
We are continually improving our manufacturing processes and replacing old equipment with efficient ones to reduce energy consumption. During the year, we have replaced Multi-Effect Evaporator (MEE) with Mechanical Vapor Recompression (MVR) at one of our RO reject treatment plant, resulting in a saving of ~0.26 Kg of steam per kilogram of feed.
Ensuring Clean Air
We have undertaken tree plantation drive across our plants and its nearby villages and forests to increase green cover. Together, our manufacturing facilities have planted and take care of ~50,000 trees either within the premises or near the forest land. In compliance with the Environment Clearance requirement of 33%, we also undertook tree plantation around the village of Nandesari GIDC and at a coal site in Hyderabad.
Effectively Managing Water and Effluent
All our manufacturing facilities are cognisant of the important of saving water resource and effectively managing waste water and effluent. Over the years, we have made significant progress in these areas. We ensure our facilities recycle and reuses treated effluents at their nitration plant. We undertake to use treated wastewater in areas like cooling tower make up purpose and for gardening purposes.
During FY 2020-21, some of the key measures undertaken include:
- Installation of MVR for RO treatment and Flocculation unit before Primary Clarifier
- Replacement of RO membranes of Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) and Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP)
- Upgradation of aeration system of bioreactor with new blower and ETP
- Installation of STPs in two plants
- Installation of Multi-Effect Evaporator (MEE) plant for OBA effluent treatment and stripper for H2N Effluent treatment, sludge drying bead and RO Plant for the MEE Condensate treatment
- Installation of MBR for Industrial wastewater and domestic sewage treatment and a carbon filter for better quality of treated wastewater at final discharge norms
- Initiation of new project on inline with MEE plant at two plants